After upgrading Avast when you restart your pc and attempt to start Avast, you might get this error on a resume Avast UI Failed to Load. The error dialog offers Restart Service and Exit buttons. If clicking Restart Services doesn’t help, you have to set the appropriate ‘Windows Services’ to start automatically.
Recently, there have been many reports from the Avast users who mentioned they face the error message in their computers whenever they attempted to run the Avast antivirus application.
Avast UI Failed To Load error message also acknowledged by the Avast developers, and they listed a fix for this issue. It normally happens when there is a corrupt installation or a module in Windows is at conflict with antivirus.
Also, check: What is Service Host SuperFetch?
Table of Contents
The Causes of the Error Avast UI Failed to Load?
Following are the main reasons why users confront this issue, and the problem usually can set within a few minutes.
- Remote Desktop Service is not operating on the pc. These services enable a user or application to take charge of another computer via a virtual network. It appears Avast utilizes this service and when there’s a problem, the issue may happen.
- Avast installation files may be corrupt. There are numerous cases in which the installation file becomes corrupted.
- Third-party applications are conflicting with the anti-virus program.
1) Remote Desktop Services Startup
Remote Desktop Service has been there from Windows server 2008 and plays an essential part in a few operations of the computer. It’s a core component of Windows without which many applications don’t run.
This service may get disabled, and because of this, all of the other modules that are depending on it may throw an error. Avast is among those modules. We’ll check and see if the service is operating correctly.
Follow the Actions mentioned below to load Avast UI:
- Open Run dialog by pressing and holding Windows + R keys, type “services.msc” in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Once in the services console. Now, find ‘Remote Desktop Service.’ Right click on it and select properties.
- In the properties window of Remote Desktop Services choose the Automatic option next to the Startup type. After that tap on Start to run the service manually and press the Apply icon to save the changes.
- Reboot your computer and start the Avast Antivirus
2) Uninstall and Reinstall Avast Antivirus Program
When the above method does not work for you, it likely means you will find Avast files on your pc that are not correctly installed or corrupted. If that is the situation, we could attempt removing the application from the computer correctly then reinstalling the software to eliminate all gaps.
- First, you have to download the ‘Avast Uninstall Utility Program’ from Avast official site.
- Running the Avast Uninstall Utility Program has become easily the most dependable uninstallation method since it totally deletes all Avast Antivirus files in the PC while Windows operates in Safe Mode.
- Once in Safe Mode, the default installation location is automatically chosen. If not then choose the installation destination of the Avast software files and then hit Uninstall.
- Wait patiently while Avast Utility Program completely removes all Avast files in the PC.
- After uninstalling the software, install Avast back in your PC. Ensure that you are logged in as an administrator.
- After reinstalling Avast restart your computer in normal mode and check is Avast opening correctly.
- Disable the rest of the antivirus software before running this application.
3) Using Alternatives Antivirus
If the error still exists on your PC, rather than reinstalling Windows, then you can try using different anti virus alternatives. There are a lot of different applications in the marketplace that are free and do a great job. Along with third-party choices, there is an option available to even use the inbuilt ‘Microsoft defender’ to compensate for your uninstalled Avast Program.
We’re done! You’ve easily solved the Avast UI failed to load error using the above-mentioned solutions. Avast is a premium anti-virus program and claims to come with greater bug fixes with every new growing upgrade.